Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Rain Rant

It's raining.

Again.

It's been raining since Sunday.

It's now almost Wednesday.

It's 59 degrees outside.

In NJ.

In August.

I'm actually wearing a sweater. In August. Who the #$%^@ wears a sweater in New Jersey in August? I had to go and dig it out of the cold weather clothes bin. I can't believe it's so damn cold here. Global warming, eh? Okay, where's the warming part? Egads, it's 59 degrees - at least, it was at 8:30PM. It's probably about 50 degrees out now. I was out front, shivering.

Let me say it again - IT'S AUGUST!

And the rain - egads, I'm soooo sick of rain. If I see animals marching by, two by two, you'll probably hear me shriek, no matter where you are. I don't have enough trees in my little field to build an ark and I don't know what a cubit is anyway, but I'll be heading towards higher ground, that's for sure.

Ugh. I hate rain. I like it at night - when the drapes blow in the breeze and I can hear it patter on the pavement. Then it's okay. But during the day? Plllbbbtt! There oughta be a law about rain during the day. Never mind three days straight. When did I move to Seattle? It's just sucking the will to live right out of me and never mind that the Girl can't go out and play. Do you know how many games of Memory Match I've played? Bingo? How many Disney movies I've watched? I haven't really had a moment to myself since last week. It's driving me crazy.

I've been taking a bit of a hiatus from writing, since I turned in my edits last week. I know things will get crazy again in a short while, so I wanted a little rest. Now I wish I had something to work on. Oh, I have two WIP that need revising, but I just don't feel it right now. I don't feel anything except gray. Gray and drab.

Man, I can't wait for the sun.

Maybe Thursday.

No comments: