Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Boxes, boxes - everywhere!

Egads, I own a lot of junk.

I've always had packrat tendencies, but even I was amazed at the amount of **ahem** crap I actually own. I'm just about finished packing up my office and I found books I'd forgotten I owned, stories I'd forgotten I'd written, and term papers dating back to high school. Why on earth I kept them is an utter mystery. I will confess, I reread a lot of the writing and some of it made me laugh out loud, but the majority made me cringe. Eeek... I wrote that? I sent that to real publishers??? What could I have possibly been thinking??

Yes, I really did send some of that drivel to publishers - who promptly sent me a "Dear Author" rejection (most of which I still have in a shoebox. I know, you're shocked, right?) However, it was kind of comforting to see how far I've come since those teen angsty days. Thank God.

Anyhow, I've got all but a handful of CDs, my printer, and my laptop packed. I have to have some music, so that handful of CDs will stay out. I'll probably pack the printer early next week - once I'm sure I don't need it. And the laptop will stay out until the day of the move.

I hope I won't be without internet service for too long. I'll be switching from Embarq to Verizon and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't take too long to get it up and running. I won't be posting much between now and then, either. There's simply too much to do. I'll try every two days or so, but be patient and I will be back on a regular schedule once we're settled in the new house.

No comments: