Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

It's that time of year again - and I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Even if you don't celebrate, or aren't this year for whatever reason.

I will be baking the traditional pumpkin pie to take to my mother's. It's the one thing everyone trusts me with and, so far, I haven't screwed it up (not like the chocolate cream pie I did for my brother's birthday a few years ago. I misread the instructions and put too much milk in. The pie never set completely and when I sliced into it, it oozed all over the place. Who knew it was possible to screw up pudding??) We will all be together this year - my in-laws are coming up from South Jersey. My brother-in-law and my sister-in-law will be there. My brother, his wife, and their daughter will be there later. It will be a fun, noisy, wonderful gathering.

So, if you're traveling anywhere this year, safe there and safe return. If you are playing host, enjoy the day and don't let the stress get to you. If you are just staying home and not having company, enjoy as well. Watch the parade. Watch some football.

Peace.

No comments: