Monday, January 07, 2008

Spring in January!

It was 65 degrees today.

65 degrees!

It's January and I had windows open all over the house! Okay, so I forgot that the kids' rooms had the storm windows down, but I had the illusion of fresh air coming in, so that makes it all good, right?

It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Whew - okay, I just had to get that out. Winter's only what, three weeks old? I'm already counting the days until spring. I used to love the winter, but since we only ever seem to get rain instead of snow - and there's been more rain here the last two months than I ever thought possible - I've had enough of it already. I'd like one really big snowstorm. Maybe two. But then I want sunny and 75.

Well, I suppose I'll just have to enjoy the next few days, before winter decides to return. We're trying to teach the Girl to ride the new bike she got for her birthday. So far, it's not going too well. She's having a little trouble relaxing. She tends to panic easily and once that happens, forget it. There's no reasoning with her. It took us forever to convince her she could ride her Razor scooter without killing herself. Now we have to start all over again with the bike.

Sigh. Probably should've gotten her a pony instead.

Anyway, just a little of the what's happenin' in my little world. I'm still revising. I've been thinking about writing something a little... well... different... once I get my desk cleared off. Push out of my comfort zone and try something completely alien. Hmmm... y'know, I think I'll save that for my next post. =)

No comments: