Monday, February 11, 2008

Still Around

I realized this morning that it's been over a week since my last post. Yikes. I haven't been on the computer much at all the last eight days. I did peek at the cover art for Eden's Pass, which I will post once it's confirmed. I like it - I hope everyone else does as well. So when I get the okay, I'll post it.

Aside from that, I haven't been doing much in the way of writing. I just don't feel it. I'm almost finished with the final draft of After the Storm - so that will be going out soon. But other than that - nothing.

I decided to take a break because I just finished editing one book, and I'm about to start second edits on Eden's Pass. I have a few chapters of a new WIP going, and the finalization of After the Storm and, to be honest, I feel a little burned out. I just don't feel like writing. That's not good and I'm hoping that this little break is enough to get those creative fires lit again.

In the meantime, I'm learning to knit, as I said in one of my last posts. I did a scarf for the Girl (which will have fringe as soon as I find my crochet hook or I can steal one from my mom). And now I'm working on a blanket. How's that for ambitious?? I must be crazy. I've had to redo it four times - because I got lazy and arrogant thinking Whoa, this is easy. I could knit twenty of these. Ah, no. No, I can't. I can almost knit the one I'm working on. At least, I will if I ever learn to count. But we'll see...

Both the Boy and the Girl are sick as well. It's winter. That's what happens. It sucks. It'll pass.

The speech therapist is coming tomorrow to evaluate the Boy. Keep your fingers crossed that this helps.

Other than that, there's nothing new and exciting going on. Really.

Nothing at all.

No comments: