Sunday, July 27, 2008

Me Time

I love me time. You know - that time when no one bothers you and you can do whatever you want? Well, once you have kids, me time becomes kind of a thing of the past. Every so often, I take off for a drive - nowhere in particular, just get behind the wheel of the car and go. Sometimes I take myself to New Hope, PA (which is only about half an hour from my home) and wander the shops. Sometimes I don't go anywhere, but just drive through the country (yep, we do still have some country left here - haven't paved over everything. Yet.)

But considering that it now costs me a little over $50 to fill my gas tank, my drives are a thing of the past. Rats.

I'm kind of a loner, to be honest. I prefer being by myself, for the most part. Crowds make me uncomfortable and I suck at chit-chat, so when given the opportunity, I usually opt for being by myself. I've been that way for as long as I can remember. My husband doesn't get it because he's the social butterfly. We're polar opposites that way - I prefer to hang back and people-watch, he loves being the center of the attention.

So it really stinks that I can't take my drives right now. My husband is good about giving me my space and giving me a break when it comes to the kids. Then again, let's face it, a stressed-out mom isn't good for anyone. She yells a lot. She gets crabby. In general, I'm a lousy person to be around when I can't have my me time.

And this weekend is one of those weekends. So, I'm taking some me time tomorrow. I'll work on my blankets, I'll work on one of my two stories. But that's about it. I'll be back on Monday, though - with a new post from the topics list.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend. See ya on Monday! =)

No comments: