Monday, November 17, 2008

A Loooong Day....

Mondays pretty much suck.

I think most would agree with me on that, right?

And some suck more than others.

Well, okay, today didn't actually suck, per se, but it was definitely a Monday.

I couldn't sleep last night. I don't know why. Actually, I think I do. I had family over yesterday and drank a wee bit too much wine. And there was some family drama as well. And more wine.

Which added up to a night where I was up and down for most of my sleep time. Ugh.

Then the Boy got up two hours before his usual arrival time. And he doesn't nap, mind you (and the 15 minute powernap he took when he got time out for climbing up onto the cabinet Lazy Susan for the fifteenth time in two hours? Did nothing. Nothing I tell you) so it was a loooong day for him. I'd never been so happy to see a bedtime. Never.

I worked a little on my blanket this weekend, amidst the drama, and learned not to knit when I am tired. I did two rows. Then I promptly undid the second row and redid it because I miscounted. Blech. So that was the end of that. And now? Too tired to even think about it.

I did, however, get some revising done on the category-length contemporary I'm hoping to get out either at the end of this year or the beginning of next. It doesn't really matter because this time of year is one where publishing re-e-a-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w-s down. Between holidays and parties and the like, it's like August, when everyone goes on vacation. Which reminds me that I have to get my Christmas shopping done. Sigh. I can't believe it's almost Christmas. But on the bright side, that means it's almost New Year's and that means time for Sci-Fi Channel's Twilight Zone Marathon. They better have it on this year or else. Or else what, I don't exactly know, but I won't be happy.

Okay, this is short, but I need to go watch Get Smart with Jersey Guy. We've been trying to watch this movie since Friday...

No comments: