Okay, that's not actually the title I wanted to use, but since I'm kind of stealing the topic from Jen (waves to Jen, just in case she's reading), I didn't want to use her title as well. Okay, I'm not actually stealing... just kind of borrowing...
Anyway, for the first time in almost a week, my back doesn't hurt (yay!) and so, here I am - feelin' better but with nothin' to blog about. I haven't done any writing. No rewriting. Pretty much nothing but knitting (sitting on the sofa with the heating pad - there was only so much I could do, even with the laptop.)
So... My return post is about....
(yes, i know what you're thinking, how thrilling)
But anyway. This topic comes compliments of Jen's blog - Scribbling and I know I've gotten it on Facebook (and I'm really behind on that - even more so than this here blog) and now, I'm going to blog about it -
25 Things You Might Not Know About Me (not in any particular order, but just how I thought of them)
25. I am 5'4"
24. My eyes changed color when I was a teenager. They started out very blue, now they are very green and no, they are NOT contact lenses.
23. I'm not afraid of mice or rats. I actually tried to convince my daughter to get a pet rat last spring. But she went with the gerbils instead.
22. I'm mostly left-handed, but there are a few things that I can't do with my left hand - I play guitar right handed, I can only use right handed scissors. I can, however, write legibly with both hands.
21. I've broken just about every toe on both feet - with the exception of my big toes.
20. I taught myself to knit just because I wanted to see if I could do it.
19. My first movie star crush was Harrison Ford (The Empire Strikes Back, to be exact).
18. FDR is my favorite president. Abraham Lincoln is No. 2 (sorry Abe)
17. I collect wine bottles (I don't know how many I have)
16. I love cartoons
15. I'm so bad at learning languages that, in college, I memorized the entire text book in order to pass my French final. And it worked.
14. One of the best Christmas gifts I ever received was a tool set - I've had it almost 20 years now.
13. My best friend and I have known each other for almost 35 years.
12. I love to cook.
11. I love old cars.
10. I don't believe in getting lost - I believe in finding different ways of getting to and from places (I also have OnStar and have never used it)
9. I talk to myself. Out loud. A lot.
8. Autumn is my favorite season.
7. Black and pink are my favorite colors.
6. My wedding dress was one of the most uncomfortable garments I've ever worn, and I never had it preserved. It's just in a bag in the attic and I don't really care if the moths DO eat it. It's just a dress, after all.
5. I didn't want a wedding. I wanted to go to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator. Seriously.
4. I adore Monty Python
3. Jaws is my favorite movie - I'll watch it any time it's on tv, and can pretty much recite it line for line.
2. I hate the color orange.
1. I think penguins are the coolest animal. ever. period. I collect them as well.
And that's me. =)