Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gray Day

Gray week would be far more appropriate, as I'm thinking the sun must have burned out. It's been just gray here. Gray and dull and lifeless and blech. I can't help but wonder where the sun went and why did it wander off like that?

Anyway, it's gray. And has been gray since last week. Raining off and on. It was warm over the weekend, but not particularly sunny. Just. Blech.

I don't like this kind of weather, as it eventually makes me feel all gray and blech - like I just want to crawl under the covers and sleep for a month. It doesn't help that now when the alarm goes off, it's dark outside. Stupid daylight savings time. I'm not a morning person to begin with, and this just makes it even worse. Who wants to get out of a nice, warm, cozy bed when it's frickin' dark out? Ay yi yi.

So, my husband's 20-year reunion is coming up at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to it because A) it's a night out and that's always a good thing, and B) the chance to meet people who knew him when. Hee hee. It could be interesting. Could be boring as anything, sure, but it could be interesting.

I don't want to think about my 20th, which is creeping up behind his (Class of 1990, thankyouverymuch). It's hard to believe that much time has gone and I can't help but wonder where it could have gone. It flew by. Isn't that funny, how time gets away like that? Look into the future, and 20 years seem like an eternity. Look into the past, and it's the blink of an eye. In some ways, I don't feel much different than I did at 18. In some ways, I'm as liberal a thinker as I was then. And at the same time, there's no way I'm the same person I was back then - not to mention there are some things I'm much more conservative about.

It's been an interesting journey, that's for sure. Some mistakes, no doubt. But no regrets. Not a one. I wouldn't trade where I am today, or the path I took to get here - not for anything.

Everyone should be so lucky.

No comments: