Friday, March 13, 2009

The Week In Review
























Ahhh... Friday. It's such a wonderful day, isn't it? True, Friday no longer means the end of a work week for me (my work NEVER ends. Ever.) But still, much like Sundays have a certain feel to them, so do Fridays. And with both kids in school now, Friday means it's the last morning I have to get up at the crack of dawn (which should be outlawed, if you ask me) and that's always a good thing.

It was a good week - I finished up a manuscript (true, it's going through one last read-through, but that's just to catch any minor mistakes that might have been missed. No major revisions, just some tightening.)

And now, I've begun the agent search again. It sucks, as I hate writing queries, but it's a necessary evil (the queries, not the agent.) If you ask any unagented writer, s/he will most likely have a list of "dream agents". I'm no different and no, I'm not naming names because I'm superstitious and don't want to jinx myself. It's tough enough. Why make it even more so?

I've tweaked my website a little more - posted snippets of reviews instead of just the links. I also changed the font. I tried to make it a little easier to read, not quite as small - since I find that too small print gives me a headache. Just doing my part to make the world a little nicer place.

I also found some great YouTube clips - spent a little too much time over there. But it was worth it. I found some wonderful Muppets video that brought back memories. Ahhh... memories...

And inspiration struck again - a new story is percolating in my mind and I've got the basics down on paper. As soon as I totally finish the read-through, I'll begin working on the first draft of that.

But first, I must get through today. It's my better half's birthday and we're having the fam over for dinner tonight. I need to clean and go to the grocery store if anyone actually wants dinner. But then, when they all leave - the weekend begins and it's all mine...

No comments: