Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Finis!



















Actually, I'm not having a bad day - I just thought this was funny and since anyone who knows me knows my affection for the wonderful creature that is the penguin, it's appropriate no matter what. Penguins are always appropriate, for any occasion.

Anyway, the finis up there (hope it's spelled right - I was going more for flourish than accuracy, really) is for Tiger Eyes. I wrote The End on Friday night. Finally, after over a year and some serious story-hitting-wall-at-top-speed issues, Diego's story (well, the first draft of it anyway) is finished. I'll say it again. It's finished!

Typing The End is kind of bittersweet, though. Even when a story is giving me problems, and I managed to slog through it, I'm always sorry to see it end. These characters become so real to me, that it's almost tough to say goodbye to them. Almost. See, I'll let you in on a little secret, so come closer...

closer...

closer....

i've already got ideas for the next generation in the Sebastiano series - so i don't think i've seen the last of Inigo, Diego, or Finn...

However, those stories aren't going to be written any time soon, as I've got several other projects now demanding my attention. But for the next few days, I'm taking a bit of a vacation from writing, though I am revising something (it's very casual revising - I'm basically just rereading the story looking for serious problems. The nitpicky stuff will come in the next actual revision, if that makes any sense.)

So, for now, I'm savoring that wonderful feeling of being done with a particularly difficult story...

Ahhh.... finis.

What a wonderful word!

2 comments:

T. M. Hunter said...

Congratulations on reaching THE END! :-)

Kim said...

Thanks! It's always such a "whew!" when it's over. :)