Monday, October 26, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009















It's that time of year, when National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo) rolls around. The goal? Write 50k words in 30 days. The prize? Being able to say, "I wrote 50k words in 30 days." Oh, and a cool little picture-thingie to post on your blog. :D

Anyway, last year, I was having such an awful time trying to get any new project past page 30, so I signed up. And WHAM! Tiger Eyes was born. Devil in Disguise followed, as did Angel of Darkness, and Dance with the Devil. Writing under that kind of a deadline opened up the floodgates, so to speak, and so, I've signed up once more. This time? I'm planning on writing Aidrian's story. He was only a baby in Eden's Pass, but now he's all grown up and... well... let's just say it's time he settles down with the right woman - the trouble is, not only is she his sister's best friend, but she is also the daughter of his father's best friend, as well. It could be interesting.) I'm looking forward to it.

But, considering I'll be writing under such a tight deadline, chances are pretty good that blogging will continue to be of the "when I find a free moment" variety. I'll try to post at least every other day, but I can't make any promises. It'll depend on how easily the words come. Last year, I had 50k by around the 15th of November, so I could relax the rest of the month. I'm hoping I have the same good fortune this year, but one never knows...

No comments: