Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Where Does Time Go?

Today is the Girl's 9th birthday.

Nine.

How the hell did that happen? One minute, she's barely crawling and now BAM! she's nine!

That makes me....



.... old.


It's so hard to believe how fast the time has gone by. She's not a baby. She's not even a little kid anymore. She's--- dare I say it?

a tween.



NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

But I have to admit, she is an awesome kid all around, and getting cooler by the day (when she's not all mouthy like, as girls are wont to be at times.) There are no words to describe how proud she makes me, or how lucky I feel to be her mother. We got lucky with both the Girl and the Boy.

And for her birthday, I'm making a panda cake (at least, I think it will be a panda. That will all depend on whether or not I can turn vanilla icing black (compliments of black food coloring paste). If I can only get it gray, then we will have a polar bear instead, so wish me luck. (And yes, I will post photos of said cake, just like I did with Lightning McQueen.) We're doing her big family party tomorrow. Tonight will just be the four of us, a small ice cream cake, and presents.

I just can't get over it.

My baby is nine.

No comments: