Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The Stencil Project (Day 2)

I hit a wall in the edits for Tiger Eyes. My editor pointed out something that needs to be changed, and I've been pondering just how I can incorporate what needs to be told, and the most logical way to tell it without losing the info (if that makes sense.)

So, while I was pondering, I figured I'd finish up the stenciling in the kids' bathroom. It was a crummy, gray, rainy, good-for-nothing-but-sleep kind of day yesterday, which made it a perfect day to finish.

And here it is - over the sink...





The last one was taken using the panoramic feature on my camera. The ceiling really isn't angled like this - those "angles" are where the three separate images were "stitched" together to make on picture. It's a cool feature, but I don't know how to prevent it from distorting like this.

And now, the bathroom is done. I thought about going all the way around, but my other half and I decided that would probably be overkill. However, since I know this is a relatively inexpensive and easy way to brighten up a room, I'm already planning to do the other two bathrooms and the Boy's room (once it's repainted. That's next on my list.)

Oh yes, I am a stencilin' fool...

And, I worked out my plot/edit problem while I was stenciling - so it's therapeutic and decorative!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I get my best ideas for my papers when I go for a walk.

Bathroom looks good!

Kim said...

Thanks! Isn't it funny how brains work? I find I work out all kinds of writing problems while concentrating on something else. Weird. :)