Monday, December 20, 2010

My Four

Okay, I'm done with my Christmas shopping, and since I can't motivate myself to do the wrapping (I swear I'll do it tomorrow. Honest) here's a fun little post I stole from Scarlett Parrish's blog. Go check it out while I'm answering these questions...


1. Four shows that you watch:
  •  CSI - although I'll admit, the show is nowhere near as good as it was when William Peterson was on it. 
  • CSI:NY - I only recently discovered this one, and it took about two and half minutes to get hooked on it. Not only does it appeal to the geek in me, but it a) has Gary Sinise in it, b) I adore NYC, c) it has Gary Sinise in it. (are ya seeing the pattern???)
  • Countdown with Keith Olbermann - He's like, my news-guy crush. Don't tell my husband.
  • The Rachel Maddow Show  - I want to have a beer with her. It'd be awesome.

    2. Four things you are passionate about:
    • Getting time completely to myself. 
    • My family
    • Improving my craft (that sounds so stupid and dorky, but it's true)
    • Baseball

      3. Four phrases you say a lot:
      • "Are you kidding me?!" <--- see the multiple punctuation? Drives one of my editors nuts. :D
      • "You have got to be kidding me!"
      • "How cool is that?"
      • "I need coffee. A lot of it. Like now."

      4. Four things you’ve learned from the past:
      • There really is only so far down you can go. Eventually, you have to go up.
      • It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's how you handle what happens to you that does.
      • Nothing worth having is easy to get.
      • Asking for help is not a sign of weakness.

        5. Four places you would like to go:
        • England
        • Scotland
        • back to Ireland
        • Hawaii

        6. Four things you did yesterday:
        • Spent the day with old, dear friends I don't get to see often enough
        • Watched the NY Giants piss away a great game as their defense folded like a cheap suit and they GAVE a victory to the Philadelphia Effing Eagles (can you tell I'm still pissed about that??)
        • Watched the Survivor finale. Yes, I watch Survivor. Don't judge me.
        • Played with my son and his Phineas and Ferb "action figures."

          7. Four things you are looking forward to:
          • Christmas. This is my favorite time of year
          • Going to sleep tonight. I'm exhausted
          • Spring. And yes, I know winter's only just beginning. Let's not talk about that, m'kay?
          • My hair growing out. I cut nearly 12" off it last January. Not. A. Good. Idea.

            8. Four things you love about winter:
            • Snow. There is no such thing as too much.
            • Having the window cracked enough that I need the sheet, the blanket, and the comforter.
            • Christmas music
            • That spring is next
            And there it is - my list of four.

            I'll probably post once or twice more before the end of the year and you KNOW I'll be posting tomorrow, since Tiger Eyes will be available **ahem** tomorrow. :D

            No comments: