Tuesday, February 21, 2012

When Tuesday Feels Like Monday

It just really throws everything off for me.

When I worked in the real world, it was fairly easy to remember what day of the week it was. No one who works Monday through Friday ever forgets it's Saturday, right?

But then I left the real world to stay home (yes, I know, it's still work, it's still the real world, but for our purposes, I need to clarify) with my daughter, I realized that it's a little more difficult to keep the days straight when it doesn't really matter what day it is because you're home.

Still, I managed to keep them relatively straight. If the hubs wasn't home, it was somewhere between Monday and Friday. My odds increased on the weekend. If he was home, I had a 50-50 shot that it was Saturday. Or Sunday.

Since Christmas, the hubs has been working seven days a week. Second shift (3:30-11:30PM.) I keep track of the days by when the kids are in school. But then we have a long weekend and that just throws everything out of whack for me. Today is one of those days. All day, I'm going to think it's Monday and it's not. Ugh. And then tomorrow, I'll think it's Tuesday, and so on. It'll right itself eventually, but not before I ask the hubs at least ten times, "What day is it again?"

No comments: