Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Birthday!!


At 12:59 PM today, my son, The Boy, officially turns seven.

How is that possible? It seems like only yesterday he was born. Small, but stocky, he was quickly nicknamed Tank. When Tank because mobile, look out. Nothing was safe. Unless you made him laugh. I wish I could describe his laugh because it is the most infectious, silvery giggle I've ever heard. He still has that laugh and it is impossible to hear it and not join in. And he has a charmer's personality to boot. I can just imagine the endless stream of girls who are going to be calling my house in the near future. Not looking forward to it.

But now, he is still my baby. He hates being called my baby boy, but he will always be my baby boy. Always. That's how it works for us mothers. Our babies are always our babies, right, moms?

So, putting the silliness aside, I love my boy. He's come a long way in the last seven - when we first thought he might be autistic and began working with him to get him to speak. Now, he never shuts up and that's a good thing. He's becoming a normal, happy, healthy little boy with a little extra energy who loves a good hug every now and again. He's in first grade in a regular ol' school and is doing so well, I can't even begin to say how proud of him I am. He's amazing and I love him more than I ever thought possible to love another person. He's my boy.

Happy 7th Birthday, my little man,

Mommy loves you.

No comments: