Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Bit of Quiet

All is quiet in my neck of the woods. I've just been writing, and rewriting, and editing, and working on a pitch for an upcoming conference, and working on a synopsis to pitch to an editor. Wow, guess I have been busy! I've also been taking time out to watch the Yankees clinch the AL East (go Yanks!) and time out to throw stuff at the TV on Sunday (the Giants - so close, so close - although they really should have showed up for the first three quarters of the game.)

We've all been adjusting to new schedules as well. My daughter just started kindergarten, which is just too hard to believe. How does the time go by so fast? My head's almost spinning with that.

DH and I have begun househunting - ugh. I love looking at new places and seeing all the great things I don't have and really want (like a double oven, or a center island), but then I look around where we live now and I really don't want to have to pack all this stuff up. I've been trying to convince DH that we should just leave it all and buy new stuff, but that's gone over like a fart in church. I love that saying - a little crude, but it gets the point across! Well, I'll pack it, but I am paying someone else to move it. When we first moved here, we each had a bedroom set. That's it. Oh - and a tv. Now we actually own things and I do not want to move them myself. That is right out and I don't care what it costs, but someone else is moving them. It isn't even open for discussion.

Well, my newest book is waiting for my attention and I really need to work on that pitch, but I just wanted to get an update in.

And I really considered a daily update. Ha ha ha... what was I thinking?

No comments: