Sunday, March 04, 2007

It's Done...

Ahhh... I did it. The first edition of my newsletter is done and up on my groups. It was a little difficult at first, but I got the hang of it. I only hope I have enough to keep people interested on a monthly basis. Guess we'll see.

Things have been a little hectic around here - both of my kids have been sick and then, of course, I caught it. The cold from hell has been hanging around for over a week now and, frankly, I've had more than enough. It's amazing how many tissues you really can use in a 24 hour period. Scary, really.

At least the kids are getting better though. My daughter lost almost a week at school, and spent one morning at the doctor's office, only to be told it was "viral syndrome." I think that's med-speak for "yup, you're sick." Which is fine because I think antibiotics are overprescribed anyhow. I'm one of those parents who'd rather not leave with a prescription. Besides, have you ever tried convincing a kid that the funky-orange-juice taste of Augmentin really is good?? Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) my kid's too smart to fall for that nonsense. She knows it's terrible and it's a real pain in the gluteus maximus to get her to drink it. However, she likes the pink bubblegum medicine. Go figure.

That's the worst, when the kids are sick. My daughter ran a fever of 101 degrees and the poor kid was miserable. Now, I know fever is your friend, but it's still so tough to sit there and know you're helpless. Don't like that. Not one bit.

Then she gave it to her brother, but she must've taken some of the steam out of it, because his temperature never broke 100. Of course, he's had a runny nose for six days and a cough, but that's the worst of it.

And now I have it. I ran the fever for a day, and have been sneezing and coughing like I've got TB since last Sunday. Plus, I'm one of those people who doesn't sleep at night when they're sick, and it's tough to sleep during the day with two kids screeching all over the place, so you can imagine how much rest I'm getting. Joy.

It's taking it's time going away, and I've been keeping busy playing with this blog (can't get the post titles any smaller. Oh well.) I spent part of the weekend promoting my newsletter and the rest of it writing the silly thing. But it's done and I'm happy with it, so I'll do a little more promoting. Take a peek. I think you'll enjoy it.

OK - I'm watching The Dark Ages on the History Channel, so I think I'll get back to it. It's the first time I've watched this channel in a loooong time. I used to watch it all the time (history nerd, wouldn't you know?) but lately it's been the WWII Channel (like nothing happened before 1939) and from there, it's been the UFO Channel (yawn. How many times can you really watch the Roswell thing? Honestly.) So I'm happy for the change. I miss the stuff they used to run. You know... the History stuff??? They're doing barbarians all week long - bloody, but fascinating, and great for research. Who knows??? I might get that Viking book started after all this.... I just need a starting point, a hero, and a heroine...

No comments: