Thursday, March 08, 2007

One of Those Days

Yep - I'm having one. I rewrote the first chapter to Hugh and Miranda's story and that's it. A few problems have cropped up, so I decided to step back and gain a little perspective. It's either that or kill off both of them, which would end the book real quick. Sooo, a little break from them. They're driving me nuts anyway.

Back at work with the pirates instead. Tightening it up to send out. I just hope it works. I've been working on this book for a loooong time. I wrote the original draft when I was nineteen (and no, I won't say just how long ago it was... let's just leave it at a looong time ago) and the only resemblance this version bears to the original is the hero's name. It's come a long way, baby. I like it. Now it's time to find someone else (i.e. an agent) who feels the same way.

So, it's one of those days. I tried a new chicken recipe for dinner - using fresh oranges instead of oj. Note to self: need a $^&@! juicer. However, I did learn I can squeeze the hell out of a citrus if the need ever arises again.

Things were going fine - then the chicken refused to cook in the amount of time it was supposed to. So then my orange juice sauce began to burn. Somehow, it didn't look nearly as appealing when it began to turn black and I had to scrape it off the bottom of the frying pan. Well, instead of having chicken with orange thyme sauce, it wound up being chicken with a hint of orange flavor (not nearly enough orange flavor) and no sauce. Rats.

So, while my other half was putting my son to bed, I got my daughter in the shower and then decided to go feed the dog and the cat. Both are waiting, not so patiently, in the kitchen, ever so hopeful. Get the dog's food out, tell the cat to wait a minute, open the dog's food, dump it into her bowl, and go to rinse out the can (gotta recycle, you know). Turn around to go to the sink and there I see...

(dramatic pause)

an empty can.

Dog got two dinners.

Cat wasn't so lucky.

Cat's pissed.

Cat will live.

Well, it's not the worst day, of course, but it's enough to make me look forward to going to bed. And it's Thursday - which means Survivor. CSI is a repeat, but I don't mind watching it a second time. It's still a great show. ER isn't even on until April!!! Figures. It was just getting good. I was still teed off about them dropping a helicopter on Romano a few years back. Why kill off the interesting people??? But it is getting good again, so I have that to look forward to. Of course, I did just read that Goran Visjnic is leaving at the end of the season. Damn. My doctors never look like him - damn shame...

Oh well... tomorrow is another day!

No comments: