Saturday, October 27, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Well, almost.

We're settling in - getting the last of the boxes unpacked and put away. The kids' rooms are almost finished - I need to get things up on the walls and the Girl's furniture has yet to arrive, so we're waiting on that.

The kitchen is just about done - again, I need to get a few more things up on the walls.

My office - same story. Finished except for a few photos and my Albert Einstein poster. Yes, I have an Albert Einstein poster. I've had it since I was about 16 (he looked a bit out of place with the Def Leppard and Bon Jovi decor, but I liked it) and Al went from my mother's house to the townhouse to the new house. I just need to decide where he goes and then up he goes.

The family and living rooms are getting there. The sofas that are currently in the family room are going to be reupholstered (can anyone tell me why there is an "h" in that word?) and will go up into the living room. We are going this week to order furniture for the family room. Then the photos (of which there are beyond many) will go up. It looks kind of funny because the living room has a coffee table and end table, but nowhere to sit, and the family room has sofas, but no tables.

Our bedroom furniture and the furniture for the Florida room are on route from South Jersey even as we speak. Then I can finish our bedroom and - you guessed it - the Florida room.

I'll be getting back to work in another week or so, and hope to resume regular blogging by then. I've done nothing but run in conjunction with the house since we moved in and, to be honest, I don't have the energy for much else. I did turn in my galleys for You Belong to Me and my first edits for Eden's Pass, but aside from that, I haven't done a thing writing-wise. I haven't even unpacked the box containing my WIPs. Just don't have the energy. But I will, soon. Things are falling into place here and we should be settled in before too much longer. Then, life will resume as normal.

I hope.

No comments: