Monday, October 22, 2007

Settling In...

Sort of.

We're in the new house (woo hoo!) and a lot of the boxes have been emptied. My kitchen's put together (for the most part - I'm still having trouble finding things and remembering where I put them. But I can deal with that.) My office is about 95% complete. The Verizon guy was here today so I'm back in the cyber world once more, and all day I kept thinking "You got your 1310, your 1490, and your 1550... true quam." I watch waaaay too much television.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in with a quick update. I still need to get things up on the walls of my office, but the stereo works and I have internet access again. Now I need to get my desk completely organized and get my edits to my editors. They've been amazingly patient when it comes to my dealing with my chaos - but I need to get back to them - so that's where I'll be for the next day or so. Hopefully in a week or so I'll be ready to begin posting more regularly. But I still have two kids' bedrooms to unpack and arrange, curtains to buy, it looks like our dishwasher died tonight (I swear it was running when we were here right before the closing!) so I have to replace that, then I have to wait for my daughter's bedroom furniture and my bedroom furniture to arrive. Keep your fingers crossed that life returns to normal real soon.

Although, I have to admit the move wasn't bad at all. A lot of stress at the end - worrying about things getting broken or lost. But it looks as if the only lost items were four pegs used to hold up a glass shelf in a curio-type cabinet. Not bad. The movers were fast and terrific - very professional and they did a great job. I don't ever want to do this again, but all in all it wasn't the worst experience.

Anyway - more moving stories (I can now barely lift my arms) and more adjusting to life as homeowners stories are probably in the works. Right now, I have real work to do.

No comments: