Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hangin' In

It's been the week from hell.

First, the Girl's hamster died last weekend. Then the Girl came down a nasty cold - fever, runny nose, the whole nine yards. She was out of school Monday because of it.

Wednesday, I come down with it. Fever. Sore throat. Runny nose. Watery eyes. Ugh. It's awful. And the Girl had a big music show at school. So I dragged my sore throat, feverish, runny nose, watery eyed self to the show, sat in an incredibly hot cafe-gym-atorium for 45 minutes so I wouldn't let the Girl down. It was a cute show. I just wish I hadn't felt so lousy. I'd have enjoyed it a whole lot more, that's for sure.

Well, now it's Saturday and I'm still sick!!! What is that all about? I haven't been this sick in a long time. And it really sucks, to be honest. I haven't been able to work on the blankets I'm making because I can't concentrate on anything. I did manage, in the shorts bursts where I can actually focus, to finish revisions I've been working on, but that's about it. I'm having company for dinner tomorrow, and my kitchen floor really needs to be washed. Keep your fingers crossed that I have enough energy to do it tomorrow, when the Boy's napping. Otherwise, Swiffer will have to do. And on top of that, my other half seems to be coming down with now as well. Ugh.

I hate being sick.

And now I have to blow my nose again.

Where did I put that dam cold medicine again?

Oh, and in case I don't make it back tomorrow - Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Hope you feel better! Try extra vitamin C and plenty of fluids too! :)