Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Weekend...

Ahhh... I love the weekends. Which is funny, since I don't have a Monday to Friday, 9-to-5 job. So, why do I love the weekends?

I don't know. But did you ever notice how the weekend has a particular "feel" about it. You just know that it's here. Hmm... weird. now that I think about it.

This is a working weekend for me. Final line edits are due to my editor in a little over a week, so I'm going cross-eyed making sure I catch things, and then making the changes my editors requested. Most of them are relatively simple, but there are a few scenes that have needed a complete rewrite. But it's definitely for the better.

Since Eden's Pass comes out at the end of next month (insert happy dance here. I can't wait for this one!!!), I'll be posting excerpts of it as well... don't worry. I'll let you know when =).

All in all, I think this book is absolutely by far better for all of the eyes that have scanned over it - and picked stuff up. On one hand, it's great to have such thorough eyes looking it over. But on the other, I'm doing the Yikes! Look at all the markup!! But it's all good and the end result will certainly be worth it.

Well, since summer decided to pop in and visit NJ (it's been gorgeous the last two days), I'm stepping away from my desk, away from my laptop, and going to enjoy the weather.

No comments: