Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

It's a little late - but it was a busy day here. I just wanted to wish all the moms out there a happy Mother's Day!

It was a nice one here - I got to sleep late, and the coffee was already made (well, it usually is, since my husband makes much better coffee than I do), and no one went overboard with gifts. To me, Mother's Day is an excuse to do what I want and not feel guilty about it, but that's about it. My philosophy (learned from my own mom) is that if you can't treat me decently the rest of the year, one day is not going to make up for it. I don't want jewelry, or gadgets, or anything. Really. My daughter made me a card and it's perfect. My husband surprised me with a new pair of black flipflops (does he know me or what? One year, for Valentine's Day, he gave me a boxing nun puppet.) and a set of Yankee Candle candles. And a teeny box of delish chocolate from Hallmark (he gave me a box from them at Valentine's Day this year. Best. Chocolate. Ever.)

I don't put much store in Mother's Day, per se. But I'm lucky - my kids are the best. I'm lucky to be their mom. And when I look at them, that's the best part of Mother's Day.

Enjoy.


ps - that blog on beta readers is coming. Promise. =)

1 comment:

Marian Perera said...

My mom said, "Treat me well when I'm here, and you won't need to buy me flowers after I'm gone." But she would have agreed with your mom's philosophy.