Thursday, August 07, 2008

So... Tired...

I hate Thursdays.

Most people hate Mondays. I don't. Right now, I hate Thursdays.

See, I'm a stay-at-home mom, so Monday is just another day to me. In fact, now that it's summer, and the Girl's out of school, I'm lucky if I can remember which day it even is. It's easier now that my husband's gone back to work. I stand a 50/50 shot of being right on which weekend day it is, but the weekdays? They all blend together. Thank God for the calendar, or else I'd really be sunk.

But I always know what day is Thursday. It's my busy day. It's my early day. That's why it's also my suckiest day.

We're down to two therapists for the Boy. We had three, but he no longer needs one, so now we're just doing speech and occupational therapy (kind of sounds like job training, doesn't it? But it really has nothing to do with occupations at all. He's learned to focus and play - things I never knew you needed to learn until this past winter.)

So, since he's down one therapist, his speech therapist figured he could benefit from twice weekly sessions instead of the once a week sessions he was doing. Since the Boy ages out in October, I agreed. He's speaking now (cheer with me, won't you? Until just recently, we were dealing with the possibility that he is autistic.)

And that's why I now hate Thursdays.

His OT comes Thursday mornings - at the ungodly hour of 8:30AM - which means I am barely functioning. My kids are sleepers. We don't usually get up until about 8:30, so on Thursdays I have to get up, showered, get the kids up, watered and fed and, make sure I have coffee (or else I so can not function.) Then, his speech therapist comes around lunchtime. I also have the weekly bank deposit, and various other errands to do. So by the time the kids go to bed on Thursday, I'm ready to just put my head down and close my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, NJ's Early Intervention program is the best thing that could have happened for us, and the success they've had with the Boy is incredible. But at the same time, I'll be very happy when October comes and we're (hopefully) finished with it.

No comments: