Saturday, September 27, 2008

Feels Like Starting Over...

That's one of my favorite John Lennon songs. Sigh.

Anyway, I tried. Really, I did. But it had to be done.

One of the WIPs had to be rewritten. From the beginning.

It had to be done. Not because I couldn't remember where I wanted the story to go, but because I found that I really didn't like the hero all that much. This story was a bit darker than what I really want to write and the hero, who was kind of a laid-back, easy-going sort of guy, had become this angry, brooding jerk. I didn't like him and there was no way the heroine was going to either. Besides, I really didn't like her all that much either.

So, I'll salvage part of the original story, but not much. And hopefully it will be a little less gloomy and a bit more upbeat this time around. We'll see. I'm part way into the first chapter and already I like this story so much more. But, I'm going to try plotting it out a little more - chapter by chapter, just in case I put this story aside for a little while. That way, I'll definitely remember where I was and where I hoped to end up. Of course, that's always subject to change - which is just part of the fun, I guess.

No comments: