Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday

This is going to be short and sweet. The Giants are on in about an hour, and then the Yankees will play their last game in Yankee Stadium tonight. Plus, my knee is absolutely killing me, so sitting at my desk for much longer just won't be possible. It's seriously cutting into my writing, since using my laptop on the sofa requires me to cross my legs at the ankles. It's okay for a few minutes, but then the knee complains and just gets louder and louder.

I'm off to the ortho on Tuesday. And by then I'll know a little more (hopefully), even though I'll probably have to have an MRI done. That could be interesting, as I've never had one before.

So I may be posting sporadically this week - it'll all depend on my pain tolerance. I usually have a pretty high tolerance level, but this is really doing me in. Constant pain drains you, and by eight or nine o'clock at night, I'm ready to crawl into bed. Besides, it also tends to wake me up several times during the night, so I'm not getting a whole lot of rest either, as you probably guessed.

I'm getting a little done in the way of my Old West research - but a new story idea (set in the same time period) has been poking in my brain. I might have to flesh that one out a little as well. It'll be interesting to see just how many WIPs I can have going at once and still remain sane...

No comments: