Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Quick Update

Yep - still not dead. Not even grievously wounded. Just. Busy.

I've been writing like crazy - almost halfway through the first draft and almost willing to sell my soul for a few more hours of writing time each day. Almost. But, it's cruising along and I found a book on Amazon I've been wanting to get for research purposes, so I ordered it. Yay for the perfect research materials!

I'm also gearing up for NaNo - which means trying to get as much of Devil done because there is something rattling around in my head that wants to come out for NaNo and I'd like to get some preliminary notes started so I know where to begin.

And then there's the Boy. He's sick.

Again.

Another fever. He's always been prone to them. And we've been through this so many times that it doesn't even freak me out anymore. He's tough. He climbs up on the sofa next to me, leans up against me, and just says, "My mommy," as he gets all snuggly. Say it with me. You know you want to.

"Squee!"

Yeah, he's an awesome little guy, the Boy. A trouper when he gets sick (gets that from me, his father acts like he's thisclose to death if he gets so much as a sniffle.) and a little cuddlebug, which is nice. He's perfectly content to snuggle up to me on the sofa and stay there all day. What more could I ask for?

So that's about it in a nutshell - for now, anyway....

ETA - I forgot - I've been meaning to post this totally squee worthy link. Trust me. If you think baby animals are squee-rific, you'll love this. Thanks to the Smart Bitches, where I found it in the first place!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on this one. Both of mine have been sick, but my youngest is like his dad. DRAMA (in all caps, thin-Q very much). Now Soccer Dad is sick which means LOTSOFDRAMA.

Yeah.

:(

Can I run away and be a pirate now?

Soccer Mom

Kim said...

Oh yes... I have a drama queen when she's sick (the Girl. I mean hand to the forehead, "woe is me" type dramam) and then there's her father...

Yes - let's both run away and be pirates. Pirates are waaay cool! :)