Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Eleventh Hour

Of the eleventh day.

Of the eleventh month.

Yes, today is that day. It's Veterans Day.

I could go into a long, winding post about how important today is, and you'd hear the patriotic music swell in the background and see flags waving all over the place.

But I'm not going to do that.

You don't need me to tell you what today means. Or why it's important. Or why you should take one moment out of your likely busy day to stop, and think about the significance of the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. Or why you should thank a veteran for putting on that uniform, even if you don't agree with the cause.

You don't need me to say any of that, right?

I hope not.

Happy Veterans Day.

And to all who have served - or are currently serving -

Thank you.

No comments: