Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Work(s) In Progress

Too many works in progress, that is.

That's the funny thing about writing (at least for me) - when I finish a book, I have this momentary feeling of panic. What if that's it? What if I never have a decent idea ever again? I haven't, however, ever thought - I've just got too many ideas!

Until now.

It started with NaNoWriMo. That sitting down and getting x amount of words out per day unlocked something very dangerous inside my head.

My Muse.

So, now I've got (as you can see on the sidebar there) four works in progress, and one in its final (and this time, I mean it) revision to go back to my editor in a few weeks.

Four.

Four frickin' books that need revising. And that's not counting the one ero-rom I've been working on (off and on, anyway) for the last year. Nor is it counting the new idea that clobbered me at the end of NaNo.

It's crazy. How did it happen and how the heck am I going to get them all off my desk in the next year months? And I will have them to my editor(s) within the next year or so. Which means that the newest story will have to wait. And that's okay. I still have plenty of research to do on it as well, so there's no real rush.

So the next time I even think about worrying about whether or not I'll ever have another new idea, I'll redirect myself back to this post. And that should cure the worries right straight!

I'm also working on a new list of blog topics - I have a few, but I need more - and I am soooo open to suggestions so let's hear them, mmmkay?

No comments: