Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sick



















I haz a sik.

But there is a silver lining to feeling so lousy - I got caught up on my blog-reading. Yay.

I know, that isn't a whole lot of enthusiasm, but between the coughing and the achiness, it's about the best I can do. I read a great variety of blogs - from editors to agents to other writers and I've been so crazy lately between rewrites and blankets, that I've gotten terrible about keeping up with them.

(stops to breathe)

(coughs)

I also did quite a bit of television watching because, let's face it, what else am I supposed to do when my eyes refuse to focus for more than a few minutes at a clip?

For Christmas, my better half, my mom, and my brother in law gave me the entire series run of M*A*S*H (including the series finale) on DVD. I'm slowly working my way through them (I'm up to Season 9, but that's only because I skipped Seasons 2-4 - I had my reasons), so I watched some MA*S*H. I watched W. which was surprisingly good, considering I don't particularly care for Oliver Stone and his revisionist-history style film making. But W. surprised me. It might have been from being sick, but there were several points in the film where I totally forgot Josh Brolin was playing George W. Bush. He nailed it so well that it was like a surprise jolt when I realized that it wasn't the real guy, if that makes any sense. Like I said, I was hopped up on all kinds of cold medicine, so it might have been that as well.

And last night I watched Star Trek: The Next Generation. Now, I'm not a Trekkie by any means - but I used to watch TNG in reruns on Sunday nights many, many moons ago and I've always loved the episodes when they were on the holodeck - and one of those episodes was on last night. Yay. So I snuggled down in the many pillows, pulled the covers up to my nose, and just relaxed. Oh, and of course I watched Countdown and The Rachel Maddow Show. Gotta keep up with my news.

So, today I'm feeling slightly better. Better enough to shower and get dressed and get the kiddies off to school - but I can feel that "I'm feeling better" feeling starting to slip away, so I think I'll go get back in my jammies and curl up in bed with the remote once more.

Maybe I'll find a Twilight Zone marathon somewhere to watch.

No comments: