Thursday, August 06, 2009

Sorry 'Bout Dat



















Holy cripes, is it really August?

Whoa, where did the summer go?

Really, where did it go?

Okay, so there really aren't any problems backstage, I've just been writing/revising/knitting like a fool, which is why August was able to just sneak up on me.

Someday, someday I will get back to regular blogging. I just don't know when, unfortunately.

Right now, I'm about 20k words from finished Dance with the Devil, and the story is just flowing so nicely that I'm very pleased with it. It's been rough in spots, because it deals with some darker themes that I haven't really explored much until now and it tends to drain me a little. But, I'm happy to say that I've been working to resolve them in the book, and managing to avoid the ol' After-school-special kind of feeling when it comes to said resolution.

Tiger Eyes has undergone it's first revision and when I finish the rough draft of DWTD, I'll be working on the second revision of TE. Then that will go on the back burner whilst I revise the second draft of Devil in Disguise. Right now, my plan is to have DID off my desk and out the door by November 1, at the latest. That way I can concentrate on NaNo (yep, I'm going to do it again this year. I already have an idea and everything. Woo hoo!).

Once NaNo's done, I'll be ready to deal with TE and DWTD and plan to have them out by January and late February/early March respectively. Which will then free me up for the other stories that are currently brewing in my head right now.

But for now, I've got to eat lunch (my stomach's really growling right now) and get the Girl off to the dentist. Ahh... the glamorous life of the romance novelist...

No comments: