Tuesday, September 29, 2009

On a Roll and in a Groove...

With posts, that is.

Oh, yeah... I'm in a groove now.

Don't you just love that? A groove. Doesn't matter what it's for, as long as it's there. A groove makes everything a little better, doesn't it?

That's what I discovered last year, when I was stuck in that rotten slump and couldn't seem to get past page 30 on any project. Then, I signed up for NaNoWriMo.

And that was all she wrote.

Writing under the pseudo-pressure of a deadline helped unblock my mind and I finished two books in a 3 week period. Since then, I've written two more. Egads, that's roughly half a million words written in less than a year. That's a LOT. Ay-yi-yi.

More importantly, it unstuck my mind and got the creativity flowing again.

I found a groove.

Now, I've not started any new stories - I'm almost sitting on my hands about that, though. I want to write something. I did start Aidrian's story (he is Inigo and Finn's son, from Eden's Pass) but the problem with that is I'm not entirely certain where his story starts, so I'm playing around with different openings in between revisions on other projects.

**pauses to breathe**

But I'm fairly confident that, once November 1 rolls around (I'm already signed up, just waiting for the Go), I will find that groove pretty quickly. And I'm looking forward to it, because once that's out of the way, I've got at least three more books planned and that should take me to this time next year.

Ahh... gotta love the Groove...

2 comments:

T. M. Hunter said...

Good luck!

I've decided to pass on this year's NaNo...I'm still working toward a true final draft (ready to sub) of last year's piece, and I already have another novel that I need to get a first draft finished on.

Kim said...

Thanks - I'm still trying to figure out just how I'm doing it, and working in some other projects that I have to finish as well. It should be interesting. :)