Monday, February 15, 2010

The Olympics (oh, and yesterday was Valentine's Day, too)


 I love the Olympics - especially the Winter Games. The only events I don't watch are the curling (I just don't get it, no matter how many times my other half tries to convince me it really is exciting. It's sweeping. On ice. I don't get it.) and men's hockey. They are all pros. What's the point? I can watch pro hockey anytime (which I actually like, btw.) I wish they'd make it amateur only again. I hate that pros can compete because it goes against the whole purpose of the Games. Same goes for the basketball in the summer games.

But I love everything else - especially the skiing and the figure skating. They are my favorites. Don't even talk to me when those events are on. Really.

And yesterday was Valentine's Day. Perhaps it's a bit sacrilegious for a romance writer to say, but I actually dislike Valentine's Day. My feeling is, if my husband can't treat me decently the rest of the year, one day, a box of chocolates, and a dozen roses are not going to make up for it. A waste of money, if you ask me.

So, I'm doing a Frankenstein on a new book - ripping it apart and moving things around and it's funny how something as simple as moving two scenes results in having to rewrite a third of the book. Funny in a oh-holy-hell-I-have-to-rewrite-this-now kind of way. But the end results should be worth it. I hope.

Okay, time for lunch, and then back to work. Skating's on tonight and I don't want to miss it!

No comments: