Sunday, May 16, 2010
Change finals to edits, and you have... ME!
Okay - so I've had Angel of Darkness on hold for what seemed like forever. The characters (Gabriel and Regan) just wouldn't see reason, and I got tired of fighting with them so I shelved them. In the meantime, I've been busy with other, less frustrating projects. I've been editing. I've been revising (and how! My Aspen Mountain Editor is beyond tough. But, I have to admit, The Pursuit is going to be one kick-ass book when it's whipped into shape!)
Well, at the end of last week, I took a little break to prevent some serious burn out. For some reason, I decided to skim through Angel. It was the first time I'd looked at it since shelving it and I wasn't planning on working on it. I just wanted to peruse it.
Next thing I knew, I had a breakthrough and ended up adding about 10k words to finish the damn first draft. Yay! So that's one more project off my to-do list. My goal was to get all current projects finished in some way, shape, or form. Now I get to check this one off and there was a time when I wasn't at all sure it would ever even see the words The End tacked onto it.
And now back to the revisions...