Sunday, May 09, 2010
Happy Mother's Day!
To all the mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day!
Now, remember to relax and let everyone spoil you. Moms work hard at a job that offers no pay, no health insurance, no vacation time, no coffee breaks, no lunch breaks, no time off for holidays, and no sick days.
However, there are benefits - and they are:
1. Being called "Mommy" for the first time.
2. Hugs and kisses just 'cause
3. The pride you feel when your child accomplishes something he or she thought they couldn't do (even though YOU knew all along they could)
4. Looking at the world from a toddler's perspective. Really, you didn't know how cool ants crawling on a leaf could be, until then, right?
5. Cuddles when they're sick, just because having you near makes them feel a little better.
6. The magical healing powers a kiss on a boo-boo have.
7. The smell of a baby after a bath
8. The memories of first steps, first words, first days of school
9. Fully understanding just what your mother did, and finding a greater appreciation for her as well.
10. The pride in knowing those amazing creatures are yours and that, one day, so many of the things that made you crazy at the time, make you laugh when you look back. Yes, it really was funny when the Girl gave the dog a makeover and I spent an hour trying to scrub mauve lipstick out of white fur (which never did come out, by the way), and how all that scrubbing made the dog's neon pink collar bleed - so she had a shocking pink ring around her neck to go with the mauve splotches on her back. :D
Enjoy your day, Moms!
Hugs to you all!