Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My To-Do List

Okay, I don't actually keep a to-do list. I probably should, because there's always something that, at the end of the day, has me slapping myself in the forehead because I forgot to do it. It's usually something important - like feed the kids - or something that I know will hold me up (the doctor's appointment that, had I called to schedule today, would have gotten me in tomorrow. But since I forgot to call, said doctor won't have an opening for 18 months now.)

So, I should make a New Year's Resolution to create real, concrete, Post-It to my laptop monitor To-Do lists.

With that in mind, here it is:

1. Finish manuscript info form to send back on Devil in Disguise. I've been working on this for almost 2 weeks. Why so long? The damn cover copy. Here is a HUGE shout-out to Grace and Marguerite for helping me. Three paragraphs and it's taken me forever to write (and about 30 seconds for these two wonderful chicks to point out what was awful about it and help me fix it.)

2. Intro blog post for the Aurora Regency blog.

3. Interview questions that have been a-waitin' me for two days. I swear I'm getting to them before today is over.

4. Final edits on The Pursuit. Please, please, please don't let me find anything huge and glaring, error-wise

5. I'm the coordinator for the Paranormal category in NJRW's Put Your Heart in a Book contest. Apparently Paranormal is still hot, because I was swamped with entries. I have to organize and get the entries out to the first round judges. Without forgetting anything. God help me. :D

That's just today, and it doesn't include the non-writerly stuff I have to do. I think my head just might explode.

Then again, I'd rather have all this writerly stuff to do, than not have any of it. See how everything evens out in the end? ;p

2 comments:

Abby said...

Good luck on all the editing! I keep a to do list when I'm in college. Otherwise I forget to hand in homework assignments... oops.

Kim said...

Thanks - I used to keep a to-do in school as well. I'd forget things too easily if I didn't. I should get back into that habit again...