Friday, January 07, 2011

Off to a Rocky Start

2011 is, anyway.

My computer got hit with a virus over New Year's weekend, despite my anti-virus program AND Windows Defender. I tried removing it, both programs told me the computer was clean, but when I rebooted, the $@!$ virus pop-up came back. So, I had to have someone who really knows what they're doing get rid of it. Which meant I was laptop-less.

Fortunately, I still had my old Toshiba laptop (my husband uses it to manage his Facebook addiction. :D) Unfortunately, in being forced to use it, I remembered why it was I was so happy to replace it. It's a temperamental, slow, freezes-up-every-time-you-look-at-it-wrong POS. But, in a pinch...

It wasn't all bad, though. It was kind of nice, because hating the Toshiba meant spending as little time as possible on the computer. I worked on the hard copy of The King's Bride, which is almost ready to go. I could read emails on my BlackBerry and access my Gmail on the Toshiba. All was not lost.

But now, my HP is home where it belongs. Yay! And that means I can now (try to) get back to regular blogging. Right after I catch up on all of my blog-reading. :D

No comments: