Saturday, January 01, 2011

Ringing in 2011!

For the life of me, I can't remember if I did a New Year's post last Jan. 1 and, truth be told, I don't feel like looking for it. I try not to make too many resolutions, simply because I tend to forget them and really, who needs more fail?

Of course, 2010 wasn't all fail. So maybe I'll try again with the list of goals for 2011.

Ahem...

1.) Read more. I don't keep track of the number of books I read. Sadly, I can count the total number of books I finished on one hand. It was an off year for me reading-wise last year. This year, I'd like to do a book a week. Maybe I'll keep a running total here, so I can be reminded at how badly I'm slacking.

2.) Work on getting an agent. I say this almost every year. Then it goes by the wayside. I got very close last year, when an agent contacted me, but sad to say, it just didn't work out. Rats. This was someone I would have liked to work with as well.

3.) Be more on top of the blog/website thing. I've been a total blog-slacker and not quite as up-to-date with the website as I'd like to be. Maybe 2011 will see more posts. Let's all keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

4.) Take time out for me. This one's probably the most important one on my list, because I let myself get totally run down and burned out last year and I don't want that to happen again. So I'm going to make sure I make time to just sit and veg if I need to, or go for a long drive, or whatever it takes to keep my sanity intact. It's too easy to get bogged down in the day-to-day garbage. I don't want to do it again.

and last, but certainly not least -

5.) Sell my next few projects. That kinda says it all, doesn't it?

What about you, what are your resolutions/goals/hopes for the coming year?

1 comment:

Maria Zannini said...

I am definitely adding, reading more on my list this year. I was very lax last year.