Thursday, April 05, 2012

Spring Break

Is almost here. Yay! I'm sooo not a morning person, and having to get up to get the kids ready for school means I have to be up early. Most school years, that means by seven (I know, for some of you, the day's well under way by now. But for me, this is earlier-than-should-be-allowed-by-law early.) This year, the Boy is in kindergarten, which in my school district is run in two half-day sessions, AM and PM. He is in the PM, so he doesn't leave until about noon. My daughter is in the intermediate school (our district does K-4 in the grammar schools, 5-6 at the intermediate, 7-8 at the middle school, 9-12 at the high school. We just LOVE having as many schools open as possible...) so she doesn't have to leave the house until 8:40. Which means I get to sleep in a little later this year. Next year, when the Boy goes into first grade, I have to get up early again (wah) but for now... Sleep is mine.

But the last few months have been especially hectic, so I am really looking forward to having the next week off. The Girl is flying down to Florida with her aunt and her cousin to spend the break with her grandparents, and since the hubs is working, it'll be just me and the Boy. It should be a fun week, since I've got a few things planned for us to do. But mostly, we get to just go out and play (if Mother Nature cooperates, of course) and that's the best part of hanging out with him.

This year is going by so fast, it's hard to believe we're up to Spring Break already. Next is Memorial Day, and then summer... yikes. Where does the time go? It's April already. Wasn't it just Christmas?

Ah well, the next two days will be nuts, but then, vacation... can. not. wait. :D

No comments: