Tuesday, April 03, 2012

RIP, Kindle Fire

I'm never the first one on the block to own the latest (and coolest) technology. My laptop's 4 years old and missing keys, I finally broke down and bought a Kindle (the basic, least expensive one. And I LOVE it!), my BlackBerry's a POS. (Can't WAIT to get an iPhone. July, get here already, will you??) I finally broke down and bought a classic iPod last summer. I don't own an iPad. See how uncool I am?

Well, after Christmas, I treated myself and bought a Kindle Fire. Love it almost as much as I do my ordinary little Kindle reader. I play Angry Birds on it. All the Angry Birds. I read the USA today every day. I have subscriptions to magazines. Wait, I might love it more than my regular ol' Kindle.

My Kindle Fire went up to that big Amazon cloud in the sky.

Okay, that's not entirely accurate. It works. I just can't use the power button. I have to plug it in as if I'm going to charge it. Then I can use it.

This is not good.

I don't know what happened to it. It worked fine this morning. I came home from getting my hair colored (I LOVE being a brunette, btw) and went to read the USA Today and when I pushed the power button... nothing.

Well, say what you want about Amazon, but when I called them, their response was to send me a new one to replace this one. That's it. None of this "Ship it to us and we'll fix it and it'll take six months" nonsense. They're just sending me a new one and I'll sendI back the dead one.

This is so sad, but I'm really hoping my Angry Birds games don't get wiped out in the transfer, but I have a feeling they will. If they do, oh well. I did them once (twice, really, as I pulled a bonehead move that resulted in my uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, thus wiping out what I'd already done. And two of the levels I'd actually completed. Rats) and I'll do them again.

2 comments:

T. M. Hunter said...

I would think that your app downloads would all be stored out on the cloud...you may have to sync it up, but hopefully that's all you have to do. :-\

Kim said...

I hope so. Guess I'll find out. Keep your fingers crossed! :D