Thursday, May 03, 2012

And Another Two Weeks Passes...

Without a new post from yours truly.

Great. I suck, don't I? And when did Blogger change? I'm not so sure I like it. But then again, I don't really like change much to begin with, so that comes as no surprise.

So, where to begin? Hmmm...

I've been busy putting subs together for Stolen Promise, which is nice. Keeps me busy. Keeps me out of trouble. What? Why are you laughing?

I've also been revising Don't Tempt Me, which is the second book in the Mordainia series (Stolen Promise being the first) and doing some interesting research in the process. Last Sunday found me researching gunshot wounds, knife wounds, late 18th/early 19th century treatment for both, and anatomy. I ended up ordering a copy of Gray's Anatomy because my knowledge is sadly lacking in that arena. This is how used to living with a writer my husband is - not only was he not the least bit phased when I asked him if he'd rather be stabbed or shot, but he had some great suggestions about exactly where on the hero's body would be a good place to give him a serious (and yet not fatal) wound. And when I told him I needed a copy of Gray's Anatomy, he didn't bat an eye. He is awesome, isn't he? I love being a writer, we get to do some cool things in the name of research. :D

I also got to see Bruce Springsteen in concert again - my brother and I saw him at the Prudential Center (affectionately known as "The Rock" in these parts. :D) last night and it was amazing. Not only is The Rock a helluva lot easier to get to than I thought, and it's a nice arena, but Bruce was AWESOME! It's so amazing to go to one of his shows - energy like I've never felt flows through whatever venue he's playing. I've seen him at Giants Stadium, at twice Continental Arena (which I actually think is called the Izod Center now, but who cares?) and at The Rock and he puts on the very best live show I have ever seen (and I've been to a LOT of concerts.) I'm seeing him again at the new Giants Stadium (which is technically called MetLife Stadium, but since I think the Jets should go embarrass themselves back in NY and get their own damn stadium, I still call it Giants Stadium. Ahem...) in September and I can. Not. Wait.

So that's what I've been up to. A little this, a little that... you know. Life. It's keeping me busy. And that's a good thing for me, just not so good for the blog. :D


No comments: