Saturday, August 04, 2012

Checking In

I'm up to my eyes in revisions for Windemere - and with the amount of red all over this manuscript, I have to wonder how it ever sold in the first place. Yikes. But, the good news is, most of the red is easily fixed, although the plot is going to change a little. I've been mulling it over for the better part of the last week, and I think what I need to do is going to be pretty smooth and seamless. Guess I'll know in a day or so, when I get to that part of the editing.

I've been tempering revisions with watching the Olympics. I love the Games (the gymnastics, swimming, and diving mostly) so they're on while I'm working and I'm sorry, but when the gymnastics came on, everything else pretty much got ignored.

But now we're moving into the Track and Field portion of the Games and they don't really hold my interest quite like the other sports. And since I don't think professionals should be allowed to compete, I don't watch the basketball or tennis (although I do love tennis.) For me, having pros in takes away from what the Games are supposed to stand for - which was always showcasing amateur talents.

And now, it's time to get back to work. I'm about halfway through these edits, and only now coming up on the really big changes that need to be made. **sigh** Wish me luck!


No comments: