Monday, January 21, 2013

Downton Abbey

I'm not much of a television watcher - although I do watch a lot of TV on DVD - and last fall, I kept hearing about Downton Abbey and how good it is. At first, I thought it was called DownTOWN Abbey and really didn't quite understand all the fuss. And it's on PBS. The only thing I ever watch on PBS are Ken Burns documentaries and, back in the 80s, Monty Python reruns.

So two weeks ago, amid all the fuss about the show's return, I figured I'd give it a try. I like England. I like history. I don't know much about the early 20th century, but what the hell? So I tuned in.

How was I not watching this show? The history nerd in me screams like a little fangirl and the writer part of me loves all the drama. I'm still sorting out who's who (and I've already ordered the first two seasons, so as soon as they get here, I'll totally get caught up to speed), but I have already fallen in love with this show. Those first two seasons can not get here fast enough. :D And God help anyone who bothers me between 9-10PM on Sunday nights.






No comments: