Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Looking Ahead

Three posts in a row - holy carp, maybe the planets are aligning and the world is coming to an end. What other explanation can there be?

Normally I don't make many New Year's Resolutions (aside from the one I make EVERY year, to get to the gym, blah blah blah. I really do love the gym, it's psyching myself up to get there that's usually the problem. Sigh) but yesterday's post got me to thinking about what I want from myself on a professional level this year. There aren't many, and I may add to the list as the year progresses, but for now, here they are:

1. Blog at least three times a week.

2. Start commenting on other blogs on a more regular basis.

3. Get better at promo. This one is going to be tough, as I'm more of a lurker than a joiner on all of the loops I'm on (does that sentence even make sense??) But this year, I'm going to try to be more active on said loops.

4. Try to write a minimum of five pages at least five days a week. Even if the idea really does suck. Sometimes, I manage to salvage the trainwreck of a storyline. Sometimes.

5. Not be as distracted by the internet. Lately, I've been keeping away from all things internet. It wasn't a conscious choice, it just sort of happened. But I found I didn't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would. So if I can just keep that up, I might be able to write those five pages at least five days of the week.

Okay, so those a few of my goals for the coming year. Let's see how many I can cross off my list - or how many more I can add and reach - before December 31st?


No comments: