Friday, August 30, 2013

Just Popping In

Hey there, remember me?

It's been a while, hasn't it? Almost three months. I think that might be the longest I've been away from blogging since I started way back so many moons ago. Part of me has missed it, but I have to admit, part of me hasn't. To be honest, it's been nice, not having to worry about it, not having to think of topics to blog about (and especially trying to come up with ones I've never blogged about before. I've been here since 2006, so that's a long time.)

I've kept busy this summer. After my mother's funeral, we went down the shore for several long weekends. One of my husband's cousins was married at the beginning of August, so it was nice to get together for a happy reason. My brother and I have been dealing with Mom's estate and getting those matters settled, which is a lot of fun, let me tell you. And the rest of the time? I've just been hanging with the kidlets and trying to get lost in their world. The weather has been weird this summer. A lot of rain. A massive heat wave back in July. And then it actually got cold. I mean, open the windows and pull up the blankets at night kind of cold. Perfect for me. If every summer was cool like this one, it'd become my favorite season.

A few days after my mother's funeral, I got a tattoo on my right wrist. It's my third one (both ankles are done as well) and I'm planning on getting another one sometime in the next few weeks. It's simple but awesome, as far as I'm concerned.



I've also been working. I'd finished a first draft of my next Sebastiano book just days before my mother died. I let everything go for a few weeks, just because it was too much to deal with, but about a month after the funeral, I started thinking about it. So that's how I knew it was time to dive back in. Since then, I've revised that as well as another book that had just been gathering dust in my office. I've got a new project forming in my mind, so when these are done and out the door, I'll be working on new words.

I should have some cover art to share soon - just waiting for the final ok. Stolen Promise will be out sometime in October (I have to double check.) I'll post the cover as soon as I can, along with the release date.

And that's been that. It's been a long three months and I'm glad the summer is just about over. Hopefully, I'll be back on a regular basis soon,and for everyone who commented on my mom (both here, and on my FB page(s)) thank you. It meant a lot to read your kind words.

No comments: