Friday, September 06, 2013

Pinterest

I'll be the first person to admit that I'm the last person to elbow in on any sort of trend. I had a flip phone when everyone else was getting a BlackBerry. When I finally got around to a BlackBerry, everyone was on their iPhone 4. By the time I discovered MySpace, Facebook was the place to be and by the time I got there... well... you get the picture.

I manage to keep up a personal FB page and an author one. I handle this blog (for better or for worse.) I tweet (semi) regularly. I sometimes even update my website. But other than that, I'm pretty lost when it comes to social media. What is Linkedin? Tumblr? Cripes, there are probably twenty other things like these out there that I'm equally clueless about.

And that brings me to Pinterest. I once had a Pinterest account (it was opened by someone else, using my gmail address and according to Pinterest, that was just a mistake caused by an email address error. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. The fact of the matter remains that I closed the account down because it wasn't mine to begin with.)

But, I see a LOT of people seem to love Pinterest. A. Lot. Of people. So I thought maybe it's time to slither out from under my rock and see what it's about. I looked at the site, but you can't really see anything without logging in, so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and create an account with them. I'm curious to see what it's about. So, if anyone out there has any hints, tips, suggestions, etc., let me know. Maybe I'll see you there. :D


No comments: