Saturday, May 06, 2017

Guess Who...

Whoa... it's been a long time! But maybe it's time to brush the dust off and tidy up a little around here. A lot has changed since my last post. A. Lot.

To begin with, Musa Publishing is gone. Two years now. :(

Samhain Publishing is also gone. They held on for a year following my last post, but as of February 28, 2017 (Yikes, it's too hard to believe it;s 2017 already!!!) they closed their doors for good as well.

But, as they say, when one door closes, another one opens and in my case, I'm happy to announce that Entangled Publishing offered contracts on Tiger Eyes and When I'm With You. Eden's Pass, however is out of print and likely to remain so for now. I have hopes of one day having it out there again, but it needs some updating and I've got several projects going on right now as well, so we'll have to see what happens with it.

I don't have any of the details yet on the other two - but when I do, I'll share. And hopefully, I'll be able to get back into blogging. I hesitate to promise, because life really does get in the way sometimes and let's face it, sometimes there's just nothing really exciting to blog about.

I wrote my very first post on April 22, 2006. Eleven years ago. Damn... So much has happened between now and then. My kidlets were 5 and 6 months old at the time. Now, they are sixteen and eleven. My first Samhain book (Eden's Pass) wouldn't come out for another almost two years. Now? I've had almost a dozen books published and many more written, hopefully to be published at a later day. I've lost forty pounds and became a gym rat. It's been an incredible and interesting journey since that first blog post and I can see I have a bit of housekeeping to do here. Some of it's rather sad - like the publishers that are no more- but what's to come makes up for it. I'm looking so forward to all of it.

So, I can't promise I won't ever slack on this, but I'll try to get back to it on a regular basis. I've actually kind of missed blogging (does anyone even do this anymore? I don't know, I've gotten lazy on the blogs I follow as well. **shrug**) so maybe that will change.

We shall see.

No comments: