Saturday, June 10, 2006

Brangelina - Enough Already!

Oy! Is it just me or is anyone else sick to death of hearing about Brad and Angelina and baby Shiloh??? It kills me that I even know this kid's name. Argh... although, it's pretty funny to hear Keith Olbermann (one of the best reasons to even watch the news) remark on the phrase you get when you invert a couple of letters in her name. Mean? Yeah, I guess so. Funny? Absolutely.

I don't get it - not one little bit. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't give a rat's @#!$ about what Brad and Angelina are doing. I don't give that same rat's @#!$ about Tom and Katie, either. Yet there is NO ESCAPE. It's like being punished for something I didn't do. Over and over... for God's sake - SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP!!!

Whew - ok - back to my normal self again. Getting down off my soapbox, taking a drink, catching my breath....

Good news - I submitted a query letter to a publisher for a book and got a request for the entire manuscript. Not a partial. The whole damn thing . I am now keeping my fingers crossed and checking my e-mail obsessively. Gotta hope for the best.

Tomorrow is Day 14 for my daughter's rabies vaccination. After that, only one more and WE ARE SOOOO DONE! Thank God. All in all, she's been amazing - I've never been so impressed by a little girl before. My kid rocks! Totally, absolutely rocks - take THAT Brangelina! HA!

Whew - ok - now I'm really done. Besides, I think I broke the shift key on my keyboard. While planning my sister-in-law's baby shower, I had a wee bit of a run in with one of her friends (a total and complete bitch, by the way) and in my anger to respond to a particularly bitchy e-mail she sent me (did I mention she's a bitch, by the way??) I think I hit the keys a mite harder than I meant to. Now, I get caps when I don't want them and lower case when I want caps. Go figure. And it's all that b - well you get the idea - all HER fault.

It's late - about 1:30 edt here. I don't know what time this will be stamped, as I think my time stamp thingy is waaay off (I think it's actually displaying the time in Fiji, but I can't swear to that). I'm tired. My son (who is almost 8 months old - I LOVE this age ) has taking to waking me up at least twice during the night - I think he's cutting top teeth, poor kid. He's usually just the most cheerful little cherub you've ever seen, but as a result, I've been averaging about 4 hours a night and -let me tell you - nowhere NEAR enough...

That's it - my eyes are closing. Time to say goodnight!

No comments: